RUST: advanced banning question

gnjisa

Okay so I am rather new to rust scene and i ave some questions regarding the ways bans are conneted across official servers.

As I noticed, unlike all other games, RUST offers official servers WITH damn moderators.

For example, Rsutafied employ moderators (who are not allowed to play game on their mod account), and once you are reported, it takes a few hours until those server ban you.

Now, once banned, you can not go to rustafied servers, that much is clear (unless you new account, change ip and spoof everything).

so I know these are NOT VAC bans nor EAC bans, as they wont show on a profile, but you WILL be blocked from joining officials.

My questions following this are these:

1. if I am banned from rustafied "officials", am I free to play on another officials?

2. why was i banned for Ban Evasion on reddit/play rust officials 3-4 hours after i was banned for hacking on Rustafied?

3. does anyone know how exactly server bans are shared between official servers (ie. what info passes across them if any about banned users)

Thanks for the time, advanced users!

1 - Im not to sure but im pretty sure you can
2 - You would've logged in with the same IP as the account that got banned
3 - Lets use rusty moose as an example; so basically Ernn (the owner of rusty moose) has perms to game ban people that she believes is cheating, if you get a gameban you *CANNOT* join any server until you get a new account.
HWID bans are this way also, if you get a HWID ban your gonna need a spoofer to get by that to play rust again otherwise you'll be banned within 30 Mins - 1 Hour
: ) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reagrding 3. I had an account with rustafied manual ban, and moved to reddit/playrust without any spoofing or router reset, and was banned there for ban evasion. So they do share ban info?

Thanks for clarifications, new to this “officials with administrators” thing. As i loathe human administrators on ofdicial vanilla servers in games, as i believe all that is human is inevitably corrupt and can abuse, can you name me types of rust official servers with no human admins?

Edited by gnjisa

8 minutes ago, distort said:

last time I played, there were no mods for facepunch servers

I have been doing some research and the info i gathered is suggesting that facepunch official servers do not have human admins, contrary to what a person here has wrotten (fp servers have really inactive admins). Can anyone confirm this please?

edit: so far i have gathered that there are 2 subtypes of the so called rust “officals” : facpunch officials, and the rest (those that were asked to become oficials by facepunch like rustipia rustafied etc- whose users are enjoying closet admin abuse).

Edited by gnjisa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gnjisa said:

I have been doing some research and the info i gathered is suggesting that facepunch official servers do not have human admins, contrary to what a person here has wrotten (fp servers have really inactive admins). Can anyone confirm this please?

Can confirm, very inactive

1 minute ago, gnjisa said:

They don't have an admin team but if you hack and kill someone who has a direct contact line to one of the actual game developers then they will specifically come onto the server to ban you. 

5 minutes ago, distort said:

They don't have an admin team but if you hack and kill someone who has a direct contact line to one of the actual game developers then they will specifically come onto the server to ban you. 

Okay so only devs can login on fp official with admin right?

Today I had a crepy encounter with “SAMO” something, an admin on rustopia, who hounded me and followed me in game, making abusive comments and saying my gf he heard on a mic sounds “hot” etc and finally killed me with spawned rocketlauncher. Creepy as fuck and i dont wanan humans to spy on my gameplay and mic in game. Thx for feedback!

Edited by gnjisa

Just now, gnjisa said:

Okay so only devs can login on fp official with admin right?

yeh thats right however certain streamers have the ability to ban players. For example hJune has developer abilities as in he can ban people if he sees fit, but you hardly ever would run into streamers anyways

• Upvote 1