What is your job?

Oscar

1 hour ago, koshaan said:

here u dont get to the backend developing part until u go to uni at like 19-22 years old. until then its just at most programming in like python

You generally do not learn any useful coding until uni in any country, My point was is backend programming is programming which you learning when studying computer science, not IT. The only coding you learn in IT, unless it is an elective is enough to know how a program works to enable you to better understand it when trying to fix a problem. I have my bachelors in CIS and am working on my master's. I have about 9 years in field experience starting from helpdesk, through network administration and then 5 years of network engineering before switching to network architecture. I have a fairly good understanding of the IT field and backend web developing has nothing to do with IT. In IT you will either diagnose and fix problems with computer systems, do cyber security, design and install server rooms and company internet etc etc. But you will generally never develop web applications or do any of the things that backends do. IT personal do not data mine, we definitely are not proficient in backend or front end programming languages unless we studied them in our personal time or took them as electives.

Nonetheless, my point is Backend developers are 99% of the time going to be computer science majors as this is a computer science career, not IT, CIS, or any similar field. 

• Upvote 1

• Staff
53 minutes ago, Mikey757 said:

You generally do not learn any useful coding until uni in any country, My point was is backend programming is programming which you learning when studying computer science, not IT. The only coding you learn in IT, unless it is an elective is enough to know how a program works to enable you to better understand it when trying to fix a problem. I have my bachelors in CIS and am working on my master's. I have about 9 years in field experience starting from helpdesk, through network administration and then 5 years of network engineering before switching to network architecture. I have a fairly good understanding of the IT field and backend web developing has nothing to do with IT. In IT you will either diagnose and fix problems with computer systems, do cyber security, design and install server rooms and company internet etc etc. But you will generally never develop web applications or do any of the things that backends do. IT personal do not data mine, we definitely are not proficient in backend or front end programming languages unless we studied them in our personal time or took them as electives.

Nonetheless, my point is Backend developers are 99% of the time going to be computer science majors as this is a computer science career, not IT, CIS, or any similar field. 

My point was, studying IT myself, we do learn some coding like python, java and slight c++, he is probrably under 19, and he said his goal was to become backend programmer, so he is probrably in something like highschool now, and following the path of backend programming afterwards

7 minutes ago, koshaan said:

My point was, studying IT myself, we do learn some coding like python, java and slight c++, he is probrably under 19, and he said his goal was to become backend programmer, so he is probrably in something like highschool now, and following the path of backend programming afterwards

And I understand that. But just because you studied some of the backend stuff during your IT degree does not mean you can do backend web development with it. To be a backend web developer you need to not only know the back end languages but some of the front end ones as well as well as everything else require to be known by someone in that field which I assure you is more than a few coding languages. You can get a MSE and focus as many of your electives on back end web development as you possibly can and you sill will not be qualified enough to do the job. Knowing how to change my tires and oil does not make me a mechanic just like knowing every single backend coding language does not make you a back end web developer. It just means if you want to do backend web development you will have a head start when you go for your associates degree in computer science so you can do back end web development. 

Edited by Mikey757
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, koshaan said:

You do realize that IT has nothing to do with backend developing right? You learn basic coding just to learn how software works but not enough to be any form of a developer. That is computer science's department.

In IT you will either diagnose and fix problems with computer systems, do cyber security, design and install server rooms and company internet etc etc.

IT has a lot to do with backend developing.-

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mikey757 said:

And I understand that. But just because you studied some of the backend stuff during your IT degree does not mean you can do backend web development with it. To be a backend web developer you need to not only know the back end languages but some of the front end ones as well as well as everything else require to be known by someone in that field which I assure you is more than a few coding languages. You can get a MSE and focus as many of your electives on back end web development as you possibly can and you sill will not be qualified enough to do the job. Knowing how to change my tires and oil does not make me a mechanic just like knowing every single backend coding language does not make you a back end web developer. It just means if you want to do backend web development you will have a head start when you go for your associates degree in computer science so you can do back end web development. 

I'm a back end developer in the bedroom. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 5 months later...